Grow with us
in a rewarding career.
Are you self motivated, caring, and dependable?
A career as a Personal Support Specialist could be your dream job!
WHY OUR STAFF LOVE THEIR JOBS
Build meaningful, rewarding relationships.
Variety and flexible hours.
Training for the right individuals.
We appreciate our employees!
Personal Support Specialist (PSS) Job Description
As a PSS, you will provide supportive and personal services for clients with consideration of their dignity and privacy.
Caregivers at Loving Care are certified in the state of Maine as Personal Support Specialists, formerly titled Personal Care Attendants. If you haven’t yet received this certification, that’s okay! We offer a PSS training course for the right individuals.
- Graduate of an accredited High School or equivalent preferred.
- Ability read, write and follow directions.
- At least 18 years of age and has demonstrated competency.
- Personal Support Specialist Certificate (or agrees to complete training and attain certificate within six months of hire).
- Work positively and favorably with clients, families, and staff.
- Demonstrate compassion, responsibility, and cheerful attitude.
- Able to demonstrate competency in all areas of training for personal care.
What does a PSS do?
Personal Support Specialists must be able to perform the following essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Follows the instructions of the Personal Support Specialist Supervisor in providing personal assistance services.
- Provide assistance with hygiene such as bathing, oral care, and dressing.
- Assist with food preparation; serve food, performs errands, light housekeeping, laundry, wash dishes.
- Have knowledge of agency policy and procedures.
- Perform and record accurate measurements (i.e. vital signs, or intake/output as instructed in the care plans).
- Observe and report any safety hazards found in the client’s home or any significant observations regarding the client.
- Report client complaints to the Personal Support Specialist Supervisor.
- Maintain client confidentiality/adheres to HIPAA requirements and agency policy and procedures manual.
- Possess the ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Report abnormal findings in client’s conditions as observed and per service plan to Personal Support Specialist Supervisor.
If you would like to fill out our online application, please click the link below.
Have a resume you’d like to just upload? You can do that here.
We are always looking for dependable, caring staff.
If that sounds like you, visit our application page now!